At Brimbank City Council you'll be a member of a diverse and committed organisation. Whether it's as an engineer, town planner, accountant, youth worker, gardener, lifeguard, or librarian, we have jobs that are geared towards serving the community. Why not investigate the diverse, exciting, and rewarding employment opportunities at Brimbank?
Working Conditions at Brimbank
We have some of the best working conditions available in Local Government including:
Work experience placements are only available to secondary school students (year 10). Placements are for one week (5 days) and are paid.
Tertiary placements are only available to students completing a tertiary course and is also required as part of their course. Tertiary placements are unpaid. Placements may be project or time based.
Work experience/placement approval is subject to council staff availability, time, and work load constraints.
Only successful applicants will be contacted further.
Engineering Student Placements
Engineering Services has a yearly work placement program which is advertised every September/October. Placements are open to students who are undertaking a minimum second year degree in Civil Engineering.
The work placement program will be advertised on our e-recruit website. We undertake a formal recruitment process. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed. Two positions are offered.
The program involves paid full time employment of 12 weeks between November and February.
Unfortunately, we're unable to take volunteers. We look forward to receiving your application.
For further enquiries contact the Engineering Service Office Coordinator on 9249 4438 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council Departments Who May Offer Work Experience/Placements
Contact WorkExperience@Brimbank.vic.gov.au to see if a department is available to offer placements.
Corporate and Community Relations
- Media and Communications
- Information Management (IT & Record Management)
- Customer Service
- People and Performance
- Financial Services
- Procurement and Tendering
- Revenue and Process Management
- Building and Development Compliance
- City Compliance
- City Planning
Infrastructure and Environment
- Parks, Waste and Fleets Services
- Building Maintenance
- Roads and Property Services
- Urban Design
- Asset Services
- Arts and Cultural programs
- Recreation and Leisure
- Community Transport and Aged and Disability Services
- Social and Health Planning and Community Development
- Community Grants
- Neighbourhood Houses
- Social Research and Policy Development
Our work experience objectives include:
- Partnering with the community to foster learning, practical skill development, and understanding of Local Government
- Opportunities for females to work in non-traditional roles to support our strategies and gender equity
- Introducing students to Local Government career opportunities
- Opportunities for diverse and disadvantaged people
- Partnering with local secondary schools and tertiary institutions to foster placements.
Was this page useful?
Type the characters you see in the picture below: