Back to Top
At Brimbank City Council you'll be a member of a diverse and committed organisation. Whether it's as an engineer, town planner, accountant, youth worker, gardener, lifeguard, or librarian, we have jobs that are geared towards serving the community. Why not investigate the diverse, exciting, and rewarding employment opportunities at Brimbank?
We have some of the best working conditions available in Local Government including:
Work Experience and Tertiary Placements
Work experience placements are only available to secondary school students (year 10). Placements are for one week (5 days) and are paid.
Tertiary placements are only available to students completing a tertiary course and is also required as part of their course. Tertiary placements are unpaid. Placements may be project or time based.
Work experience/placement approval is subject to council staff availability, time, and work load constraints.
Complete the application form and send to WorkExperience@Brimbank.vic.gov.au for consideration.
Council Departments Who May Offer Work Experience
Contact WorkExperience@Brimbank.vic.gov.au to see if a department is available to offer placements.
- Asset Services
- Revenue & Process Management
- Information Management (IT & Record Management)
- Financial Services
Governance & Community Relations
Media & Communications
People & Performance
- Building & Development Compliance
Infrastructure & Environment
- Engineering Services
- Parks, Waste and Fleets Services
- Building Maintenance
- Roads and Property Services
- Urban Design
- Arts and Cultural programs
- Recreation and Leisure
- Maternal and Child Health
- Youth Services
- Community Transport and Aged and Disability Services
- Social and Health Planning and Community Development
- Community Grants
- Neighborhood Houses
- Social Research and Policy Development
Our work experience objectives include:
- Partnering with the community to foster learning, practical skill development, and understanding of Local Government
- Opportunities for females to work in non-traditional roles to support our strategies and gender equity
- Introducing students to Local Government career opportunities
- Opportunities for diverse and disadvantaged people
- Partnering with local secondary schools and tertiary institutions to foster placements.
Was this page useful?
Type the characters you see in the picture below: