The right home in the right zone - Introducing the New Residential Zones to your neighbourhood!
After a six week consultation period, community feedback on the implementation of the Victorian Government’s New Residential Zones across Brimbank in line with Council’s housing strategy, has now closed.
The introduction of the new residential zones provides Council with an opportunity to implement the housing strategy. In general, the new residential zones will be applied in accordance with the three levels of housing change identified in the housing strategy.
- The Neighbourhood Residential Zone (low change) will ensure the protection of valued character and heritage areas, with generally no more than two homes to be built on a block.
- The General Residential Zone (medium change) will allow unit and townhouse development similar to what already occurs in most residential areas.
- The Residential Growth Zone (high change) will allow townhouse and apartment development in areas well serviced by public transport and close to community services.
Search which new residential zone is proposed for your neighbourhood.
Information sessions were held in all our districts throughout October with an additional session being held in Sunshine on Tuesday 19 November 2013 at Sunshine Harvester Service Centre.
A Council Planning Forum was held on 2 December 2013 to hear those persons who want to present in support of their written submission.
An amendment to the Brimbank Planning Scheme is required in order to introduce the new residential zones and implement the housing strategy.
- Consider all submissions received and make final changes to the proposed Amendment
- Make a decision at an Ordinary Council Meeting in early 2014 about whether to proceed with the Amendment.
Council invited feedback before a decision about the amendment.
Submissions closed on 26 November 2013.
Submissions were received:
Brimbank City Council
PO Box 70
Sunshine VIC 3020