We're transforming Brimbank's open space to create one of the best park networks in Melbourne. Under our Creating Better Parks Strategy, we’ve spent more than $17 million over the past six years, upgrading nearly 80 parks and constructing over 15 kilometres of shared trails.
The transformation of our parks is crucial to creating attractive, safe and sustainable neighbourhoods, which support community wellbeing and strong connections between residents. Our parks are places where we can walk the dog, throw a ball, play, share a barbecue or picnic and catch up with neighbours, friends and family – or just sit and contemplate the mysteries of the universe.
To find out about a park within Brimbank, select a Local Area:
Additionally, Parks Victoria manages several larger parks of regional significance within the municipality.
Use of our Parks and Open Spaces
Brimbank's parks and open spaces are public land which means the community is able to use these facilities for activities as long as they are consistent with the Local Law.
Barbecue Facilities and Picnic Areas
No bookings are taken for the use of BBQs and picnic areas but there are guidelines for the use of tents and jumping castles.
Jumping Castles and Marquees
A small jumping castle or small, single structure such as a 3m x3m shade marquee, may be permitted on parks and reserves, however; the following information and guidelines must be followed:
- Minimum $10m PLI Certificate of Currency must be submitted one week ahead of the function
- No vehicle is to access a Council reserve without a permit
- The castle or similar structure/s must not be pegged into the ground but rather be weighed down by sand bags
- Insurance details of the company that supplies the jumping castle or equivalent must be submitted to Council
- A map of the location of the jumping castle or equivalent must be provided.
Casual Hire of Parks and Sportsgrounds for Special Functions
Many municipal parks and gardens are available to hire for social functions, special events or family picnics.
For the casual hire of municipal parks call 9249 4000 or email email@example.com.
Contact Parks Victoria on 13 19 63 for information about the hire or use of areas managed by Parks Victoria.