2016 Winter applications now CLOSED
Funding for the 2016 Winter Application Period has been exhausted. However, as we value your participation in community sport, additional applications will now be placed on a waiting list. If more funding becomes available additional applications may be re-considered.
In2Sport re-opens in September 2016 for the summer application period.
You could be eligible for up to $200 to join a Sports Club!
In2Sport Brimbank provides an opportunity for children living in Brimbank to play community sport regardless of their financial circumstances. Eligible participants can apply for up to $200 financial assistance to contribute to club membership fees (subject to budget availability).
Who is Eligible?
- Children aged 6 - 18 years; and
- whose family has a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card; and
- their primary place of residence is within Brimbank.
How do I get involved?
- Download and complete the Hard Copy Application Form (104KB) and submit it to Council for validation. Attach a copy of your family's Health Care Card or Pension Card.
Or complete our Online Application Form. You will need to upload a copy of your family's Health Care Card or Pension Card to complete the online application.
- Council validates your application form and returns an approval form.
- You submit the approval form to the club upon joining and pay the difference in membership fees (membership fee minus approved In2Sport Brimbank funding).
- The club invoices Council for the approved cost of the fees up to $200 per child after the applicant has been approved by Council and has paid its share of the membership fee.
Please note: Clubs are not allowed to charge full membership fees for In2Sport Brimbank approved applicants and reimburse these applicants at a later stage; clubs are only allowed to charge the membership fee minus the approved funding per applicant.
Become an In2Sport Affiliated Sports Club
As an affiliated In2Sport club you'll find great opportunities to increase membership, and support local children to play a sport who previously may not have had the chance.
To be eligible for In2Sport Brimbank, sports clubs must:
- be based in Brimbank;
- be not for profit;
- be affiliated with their State Sporting Body; and
- have signed and agreed to the In2Sport Brimbank terms and conditions.
Referral agents are crucial in identifying children who aren't able to join a sports club, predominantly due to their financial circumstances. Referral agents can also help complete application forms and submitting them to Brimbank Council on behalf of the parents.