What is Cul-ti-vate?
Cul-ti-vate is a Brimbank City Council initiative delivered by VU Innovations and Roshambo.
Cul-ti-vate's purpose is to accelerate the process of finding a business idea, developing it, and scaling the business into a sustainable model.
Cul-ti-vate is designed for entrepreneurs or in-trepreneurs, as well as small business owners, looking to future proof their business.
Applications are now closed.
The program runs over nine weeks in a fast paced mode that mirrors the speed needed to succeed in the real world.
Successful applicants must be able to commit to the full program which will be held every Tuesday for 9 weeks commencing 10 September 2019.
During the program you'll receive:
- A series of 9 x Startup Master Classes delivered by VU Innovations Entrepreneurs in Residence
- Complimentary registration for Legal Essentials for Startups and Small Business Workshop
- Complimentary access to iHarvest Coworking Sunshine for the duration of the program
- Six months of coworking at a discounted rate after the program's completion
- Mentoring with the VU Entrepreneurs in Residence
- Networking opportunities
- Special Events
Meet the CUL-TI-VATE program facilitators
Designer - Thought Provoker – Creative Entrepreneur. Jordan’s time is split between design commitments for leading global brands, running ecom businesses and consulting on strategy and innovation.
Collaborator – Problem Solver – Leader. Hannah is a senior leader with a passion for building great learning cultures whose career has encompassed partnering with organisations to get great outcomes for and through people, technology and learning.
Builder – Entrepreneur. Thomas is passionate about startups and was the first employee at Startup Victoria. He was also responsible for growing the community from 3,000 to 11,000 startup enthusiasts, and taking the organisation into sustainability.
Applications are now closed.
All applications for the Cul-ti-vate program will go through an interview and assessment process.
- Following the close of applications, you'll receive an invitation to book a 10-minute one-on-one with one of the VU Entrepreneurs in Residence. This is your opportunity to share your idea and to gauge suitability for the program.
- If your application's successful, you'll be invited to the Welcoming event on Tuesday 10 September. (If your application isn't successful you'll receive useful feedback and further information for developing your idea or business.)
- The program commences 10 September 2019.
If you feel your situation might not be suited to the Cul-ti-vate Program, Council’s Economic Development Unit and iHarvest Coworking Sunshine provide an extensive development program on a broad range of topics. You can view the full schedule of workshops here.
For further information please contact the Economic Development Team on 9249 4413 or email email@example.com.