Brimbank Community Governance Handbook
Released in July 2013, this handbook is a great resource designed to help our local community groups and organisations to function properly. It will assist you to better understand your legal responsibilities, and how to make sure your organisation succeeds.
Brimbank Community Groups User Guide
We've developed our first Community Groups User Guide for all regular groups using our facilities. Our Guide:
- Provides an overview of the roles and responsibilities of Council and community groups;
- Enables a better understanding of the processes guiding the usage and hire arrangements of Community Facilities; and
- Provides directions to community groups on how to hire and manage Community Facilities.
- Download the Community Groups User Guide.
For more information, please call 9249 4537.
Useful Resources for Community Groups
- Brimbank City Council Community Governance Program
Training information and support for community groups. Brimbank Community Governance Handbook is available in hard copy or online.
Ph: (03) 9249 4418
- Consumer Affairs Victoria
State Government regulatory authority for Incorporated Associations in Victoria. Compliance processes, advice and information.
Ph: 1 300 55 81 81
- Not-for-Profit Law
Comprehensive legal and other information, fact sheets, videos and training.
Ph: (03) 8636 4400
- Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria
Free dispute resolution service available to committees, clubs and associations
1300 372 888
- Grant Guru Community
Free searchable listing of grants and funding programs
- Leisure Networks/Club Help
Free support for clubs and associations
For more information, please contact us: