Feedback and Complaints:
- a suggestion or idea that you wish to share with us
- a complaint about our services or staff
- compliment or general feedback
What is a Complaint?
We define a complaint as:
- breach of legislation (e.g. Privacy Act)
- unprofessional behaviour
- poor advice or response to an enquiry
- unsatisfactory service
- misuse of information
Lodge a Complaint
How do I Make a Complaint if I Think My Privacy has been Breached?
- Read our Privacy Complaints
How do I Report Fraud or Corruption, or Make a Protected Disclosure?
- Read our Protected Disclosures
The Complaints Process
Your complaint will be registered in our complaints database and you'll receive an acknowledgement. This will include a reference number, and will advise who'll be dealing with your complaint.
If your complaint can't be resolved within our standard timeframes, we'll let you know what steps are being taken, and when you can expect to hear the final outcome.
If, at any stage, you wish to follow up on progress, you can contact the staff member referred to in the acknowledgement details. Always quote your complaint reference number.
- acknowledgement of your complaint: within 2 working days of receipt
- interim or final response: within 7 working days of receipt of complaint
If we provide an interim reply, we will also tell you what steps are being taken and when you can expect a comprehensive, final response.
Dissatisfaction with Council’s Response
Not satisfied with our response to your complaint? You can contact us again and a senior officer will consider your complaint. If you are still unhappy with our second response, you can make a complaint directly to the Victorian Ombudsman.
- Your complaint information will be used to investigate and resolve the issue.
- This may involve sharing the information with other departments or officers, if necessary.
We may disclose personal information to external investigators, acting on our behalf, if considered appropriate. We'll let you know if this is the case.
Your personal information is always handled according to relevant privacy and other legislation. If you need your personal information kept confidential – particularly from the investigating officer or manager – please include this request on your complaint.