Notice is hereby given in accordance with Section 190 of the Local Government Act 1989 (the ”Act”) that Brimbank City Council proposes to renew the lease agreement pertaining to the land at No. 48 Stadium Drive, Keilor Park (the “proposal”).
The land has an area of approximately 10,691 square metres and is located on the north side of Stadium Drive adjoining the eastern boundary of Council’s Operations Centre. The land is known as part of Lot B on Plan of Subdivision No. 805196 contained in Certificate of Title Volume 11944 Folio 694.
A plan indicating the location of the land is shown below.
Details of the proposal are –
- Tenant: Lowview Pty Ltd (trading as The Green Centre).
- Term: Five (5) years commencing 1 July 2019 with one option of five (5) years subject to mutual consent.
- Rent: Commencing at $60,000 pa (as assessed by Council’s Valuer) plus GST plus outgoings subject to annual adjustment to movements in the CPI. The rent is to be reassessed to market value upon exercise of option and agreement to renew for a further term.
- Security: $11,000 (inclusive of GST) being the equivalent of two months rent.
- Proposed Use: Green Waste Sales and Resource Recovery Centre.
Any person may make a written submission in accordance with the provisions of Section 223 of the Act in relation to the proposal.
Submissions must be addressed and sent to the undersigned,
- Brimbank City Council, PO Box 70, Sunshine, VIC 3020; or
- be sent by email to email@example.com; and
- be received by close of business on Wednesday 28 August 2019.
Any person requesting to be heard in respect of their written submission will be given the opportunity to appear before a Committee of Council on Monday 16 September 2019, at 6pm at the Brimbank Community and Civic Centre, 301 Hampshire Road, Sunshine.
If making a submission, please indicate clearly if you wish to be heard by the Committee.
Further information on the proposal may be obtained from Don Quattrocchi, Senior Property Officer, on telephone 9249 4403.
Chief Executive Officer