Brimbank's 19 Point Action Plan for COVID-19 Recovery and Response provides the Federal Government, State Government and non-government entities with a starting point and a pathway to partner with Council to help our community respond to the health, wellbeing and economic consequences of a prolonged and evolving pandemic.
The 19 Point Action Plan recommendations include:
- Establishment of a Joint Government-Council COVID-19 Brimbank Taskforce
- A Brimbank COVID-19 Health, Wellbeing and Economic COVID-19 Package
- Health and Wellbeing Package
- Rapid Response Teams
- Increased and ongoing resources, testing and communications, including bolstered CALD Community Support
- A Community Resilience and Fairness Response
- Economic Package
- Sunshine Priority Precinct, Super Hub and Airport Rail
- St Albans Health and Wellbeing Hub (as a COVID-19 Support and Recovery Hub for Melbourne’s West)
- Shovel Ready Girls and Women’s Sport and Recreation Projects
- Shovel Ready Road and Transport Projects
- Shovel Ready Open Space, Walking, Cycling and Waterway Projects
- Brimbank COVID-19 Business Response and Recovery Taskforce
- Extension and expansion of Federal and State support for businesses and workers, including JobKeeper, Job Seeker, Business Support Fund, and Working for Victoria.
- Skill, Education and Learning Pathways
- Reinvigorating and growing local manufacturing
- Integrated Transport Strategy for Melbourne’s West
- Environmental Equity Response
- Brimbank City Council Support
Brimbank has had a whole-of-Council COVID-19 Response and Recovery Strategy in place since April 2020 which has seen Council realign and provide unprecedented essential service support to the community. However this new 19 Point Plan sets out the unprecedented investment, support, resources and initiatives Brimbank will need from the Federal and State Government, to help us mitigate and supress the spread of the virus, keep people safe, save lives, and provide the economic support the community will require as we work to recover, respond and rebuild.