Transforming Brimbank, Council’s 19 Point Action Plan for COVID Response and Recovery provides the Federal Government, State Government and key stakeholders, with a pathway to help our community mitigate the ongoing health, social and economic consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Refreshed in April 2021, the 19 Point Action Plan recommendations include:
- Establishment of a Joint Government-Council COVID-19 Brimbank Taskforce
- A Brimbank COVID-19 Health, Wellbeing and Economic COVID-19 Package
- Health and Wellbeing Package
- Rapid Response Teams and Priority Vaccine Rollout
- Increased and ongoing resources, testing and communications, including bolstered CALD Community Support
- A Community Resilience and Fairness Response
- Environmental Equity Response
- Economic Package
- Sunshine Priority Precinct, Super Transport Hub and Melbourne Airport Rail
- Calder Freeway Upgrade
- Integrated Transport Strategy for Melbourne’s West
- St Albans Health and Wellbeing Hub (as a COVID-19 Support and Recovery Hub for Melbourne’s West)
- Shovel Ready Girls and Women’s Sport and Recreation Projects
- Shovel Ready Road and Transport Projects
- Shovel Ready Open Space, Cycling and Waterway Projects
- Brimbank COVID-19 Business Response and Recovery Taskforce
- Extension and expansion of Federal and State support for businesses and workers, including JobKeeper, Job Seeker, Business Support Fund, and Working for Victoria
- Skill, Education and Learning Pathways
- Reinvigorating and growing local manufacturing
Brimbank's previous 19 Point Action Plan for COVID-19 Recovery and Response was endorsed by Council in August 2020.
Brimbank has had a whole-of-Council COVID-19 Response and Recovery Strategy in place since April 2020 which has seen Council realign and provide unprecedented essential service support to the community.