Council supports lifelong learning for our whole community, across all levels of education, through to adult education. We want to work with other levels of government to improve outcomes across all stages and ages of education.
We're calling on the State and Federal governments to:
- Support Brimbank to establish a Business, Jobs and Skills working group to leverage economic and social opportunities of the Sunshine Super Hub and Sunshine Priority Precinct.
- Support Brimbank to improve lifelong learning opportunities including primary and secondary education, as well as pathways to higher education.
- Support the redevelopment of St Albans and Deer Park libraries.
- Work with local councils to provide funding certainty for early childhood programs as well as three and four-year-old kindergarten.
- Support flexible approaches to kindergarten and early childhood services.
- Develop an Integrated Transport Strategy for Melbourne’s west that links the Sunshine Super Hub with the region’s Job and Education Precincts.
Read our Education agenda here.