We're seeking to establish better sporting options for girls and women, support grass-roots sport and ensure future generations have access to the facilities they need to foster active lifestyles, improve health outcomes and support social cohesion.
Brimbank is calling on the State and Federal governments to support the Transforming Brimbank — Sport and Recreation agenda, which includes:
- Supporting Brimbank’s bid to become the new ‘Home of Football’ and ‘Home of the Matildas’ at Sydenham Park.
- Funding to accommodate increased demand for girls’ and women’s sports facilities in Brimbank.
- Investment in the development of a regional multi-sport facility in Brimbank.
- Strategic partnerships to support the Transforming Brimbank — Sport and Recreation Health agenda.
- Development of an Integrated Transport Strategy for the west, that links the Sunshine SuperHub with the region’s Sport and Recreation Precincts.
Read our Sport and Recreation agenda
Photo credit: Matt Johnston