The Hunt Club Community and Arts Centre (Hunt Club) is the Neighbourhood House Unit primary arts venue. The centre, built as the Hunt Club Hotel in 1886 and extended over the years, is one of the few remaining 19th Century buildings within our municipality.
The Hunt Club provides a great range of creative opportunities for adults, young people and children of all abilities. These include life drawing, watercolour painting, Chinese brush painting, pastel drawing and pottery programs such as hand building and wheel throwing.
There are also creative carers groups, Pilates and yoga sessions, family activity groups and school holiday programs. Council’s Arts and Cultural Development Unit presents an annual exhibition program in the two galleries at the Hunt Club.
Facilities and Services
- Community space with capacity for 10-40 people
- Art room with capacity for 20 people
- Pottery Studio with Hand Building and Wheel Throwing Rooms
- Kitchen access
- Art and Foyer Galleries
- Hallway exhibiting space
- Enclosed outdoor play area
- Outdoor amphitheatre with shade cloth protection
- Volunteering opportunities
We have great programs for all people, we love to welcome new people to join in and we are always open to new ideas.
Take some time to visit the Hunt Club Community and Arts Centre to explore the beautiful historical building, check out art exhibitions on show, have a cuppa, or join in one of our programs, activities, workshops or events.
775 Ballarat Road, Deer Park
Find us on Google Maps
Best ways to get the Hunt Club Community and Arts Centre:
- Short walk from Deer Park Village shops
- 1.5km from Deer Park train station
- Buses 215, 216 and 456 stop outside the Hunt Club
- Bus 420 stops nearby on Station Road
- Monday to Friday: 9.30am-4.30pm
- Closed public holidays
- Phone: 9249 4800
- Email: email@example.com
- Follow Hunt Club Community Arts Centre on Facebook!
Keep up-to-date with the latest Hunt Club information
- Follow us on Facebook