Public art enhances our community and open spaces. A diversity of contemporary art forms in our environment encourages us to reflect on our area’s unique heritage, aspects of our neighbourhoods, and aspirations of our communities.
In Brimbank, we’re proud of our public art commissions and work with artists. We aim to:
- Enliven and enhance public buildings and public spaces
- Create a strong feeling of identity, public pride and ownership of public spaces
- Improve the quality and design of public spaces
- Create landmarks that will become natural gathering spaces
- Provide a focus for local pride, history and storytelling
- Animate and enrich public spaces
- Reflect the rich diversity of our community.
Art Spaces Activation Partnership Funding
Funding is available for art projects that engage Brimbank's community. Artists and arts practitioners working across any arts disciplines can apply for Art Spaces Activation Partnership Funding.
- First round of applications close Monday 3 December at 5pm.
Up to $2000 of funding is available for each project. Apply Now!
Projects coinciding with cultural events like Cultural Diversity Week or Reconciliation Week are highly encouraged. So too projects in public spaces like paste ups, public performances, and the extension of any existing arts projects.
Art Spaces Activation Partnership Funding aims to provide a supportive and collaborative platform. We partner with artists in art programs and projects that benefit the Brimbank community.
Artists from greater Melbourne and across Victoria are eligible as long as the project is within Brimbank.
For further information contact the Art Spaces Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9249 4600.
Expressions of Interest are open for exhibitions at the Hunt Club Community & Arts Centre and Sunshine Art Spaces Gallery for 2019.
We're seeking proposals from individuals or groups. We encourage curators, artists, and community groups to apply.
So if you have a creative visual arts practice and you live in the west this may be the opportunity for you! Apply now!
For further details please see the Exhibition EOI forms. For enquiries contact the Arts and Culture Unit on 9249 4600 or email@example.com.
Brimbank Art Spaces
Are you an emerging or established artist? Check out the variety of art spaces and studios across Brimbank.
Studio terms are for two years at a subsidised cost of $28 per week.
We encourage resident artists to engage with our community through their practice, and also participate in our broader arts and culture program.
This studio program aims to provide:
- Artists with an opportunity to extend and develop their practice in a community setting;
- A platform for our residents to engage with artists; and
- Low cost studio spaces in Brimbank.
Sunshine Art Spaces Project
Since opening in August 2012, Sunshine Art Spaces gallery has held various solo and group shows. Located at 2 City Place, Sunshine, the gallery is a multi-functional space suitable for exhibitions and art workshops.
Contact the Arts Spaces Officer about availability on 9249 4600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.