Public art enhances our community and open spaces. A diversity of contemporary art forms in our environment encourages us to reflect on our area’s unique heritage, aspects of our neighbourhoods, and aspirations of our communities.
In Brimbank, we’re proud of our public art commissions and work with artists. We aim to:
- Enliven and enhance public buildings and public spaces
- Create a strong feeling of identity, public pride and ownership of public spaces
- Improve the quality and design of public spaces
- Create landmarks that will become natural gathering spaces
- Provide a focus for local pride, history and storytelling
- Animate and enrich public spaces
- Reflect the rich diversity of our community.
Visit the Creative Brimbank website to find out more about our public art collection.
Brimbank Art Spaces
Check out the variety of art spaces and studios across Brimbank.
Studio terms are for two years at a subsidised cost of $31 per week.
We encourage resident artists to engage with our community through their practice, and also participate in our broader arts and culture program.
This studio program aims to provide:
- Artists with an opportunity to extend and develop their practice in a community setting
- A platform for our residents to engage with artists; and
- Low cost studio spaces in Brimbank.
Sunshine Art Spaces Project
Since opening in August 2012, Sunshine Art Spaces gallery has held various solo and group shows. Located at 2 City Place, Sunshine, the gallery is a multi-functional space suitable for exhibitions and art workshops.
Brimbank Art Galleries
Our galleries provide a range of creative spaces within a supportive arts environment. If you would like to exhibit your work at no charge in one of our galleries, please keep an eye out for our annual exhibition Expression of Interest call out in September on the Creative Brimbank website. Entry into the studio program is by application and is only available as vacancies arise.
To find out more about Brimbank Art Spaces, Galleries and Arts Opportunities, visit the Creative Brimbank website.