Public art enhances our community and open spaces. A diversity of contemporary art forms in our environment encourages us to reflect on our area’s unique heritage, aspects of our neighbourhoods, and aspirations of our communities.
In Brimbank, we’re proud of our public art commissions and work with artists. We aim to:
- Enliven and enhance public buildings and public spaces
- Create a strong feeling of identity, public pride and ownership of public spaces
- Improve the quality and design of public spaces
- Create landmarks that will become natural gathering spaces
- Provide a focus for local pride, history and storytelling
- Animate and enrich public spaces
- Reflect the rich diversity of our community.
Art Spaces Activation Partnership Funding
Funding is currently available for art projects aimed at engaging the community of Brimbank. Artists and arts practitioners working across any arts disciplines can apply for Art Spaces Activation Partnership Funding.
Projects coinciding with cultural events like Cultural Diversity Week or Reconciliation Week are highly encouraged as are projects in public spaces like paste ups, public performances and the extension of any existing arts projects.
Art Spaces Activation Partnership Funding aims to provide a supportive and collaborative platform where artists can partner with Council in art programs and projects that benefit the Brimbank community.
Artists from greater Melbourne and across Victoria are eligible to apply so long as the project takes place within Brimbank.
Up to $2000 of funding is available for each project.
- Submit your Art Spaces Activation Partnership Funding application by Monday 29 July 5pm.
- Read the application guidelines Arts Spaces Activation Partnership Expression of Interest Guidelines.
For further information contact the Art Spaces Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9249 4600.
Brimbank Art Spaces
Check out the variety of art spaces and studios across Brimbank.
Studio terms are for two years at a subsidised cost of $28 per week.
We encourage resident artists to engage with our community through their practice, and also participate in our broader arts and culture program.
This studio program aims to provide:
- Artists with an opportunity to extend and develop their practice in a community setting;
- A platform for our residents to engage with artists; and
- Low cost studio spaces in Brimbank.
Sunshine Art Spaces Project
Since opening in August 2012, Sunshine Art Spaces gallery has held various solo and group shows. Located at 2 City Place, Sunshine, the gallery is a multi-functional space suitable for exhibitions and art workshops.
Contact the Arts Spaces Officer about availability on 9249 4600 or email@example.com.