On 25 January 2018, the Minister for Planning announced the gazettal of Amendment C187 which introduced a Municipal Development Contributions Plan and Municipal Development Contributions Plan Overlay (DCPO2) to the Brimbank Planning Scheme.
The Municipal DCP applies to all new development within Brimbank, except for the Sunshine Town Centre which has a separate Sunshine Town Centre Development Contributions Plan.
The Municipal DCP ensures that the cost of providing new infrastructure is shared between developers and the wider community on a fair and reasonable basis.
The levy applies to
- all new residential,
- retail, and
- industrial development.
Certain types of developments (renovations, alterations, demolition and construction of a replacement building, outbuildings, reinstatement of a damaged building) are exempt from paying the levy. Exemptions are listed in our Municipal DCP FAQ sheet.
The Municipal DCP charges are found within Development Contributions Plan Overlay Schedule 2 (DCPO2) of the Brimbank Planning Scheme.
The levy will increase annually on 1 July to reflect inflation by applying the Consumer Price Index (CPI).
Please use our DCP Calculator on this page for an approximate levy amount.
DCP Calculator User Notes
- For mix-use developments, please calculate each use separately.
- Gross floor area: The total floor area of a building, measured from the outside of external walls or the centre of party walls, and includes all roofed areas.
- The DCP Calculator can be used for both the Municipal and Sunshine Town Centre Development Contributions Plans.
- Once you've got your quote, pay for it online
Definition of Uses
- Commercial refers to Office or Commercial Office uses.
- Retail refers to Shops, and Food and Drink Premises.
For any further inquiries please contact the Strategic Planning Unit on 9249 4000 or by email: email@example.com.
Last updated 15/02/2018