A vehicle crossing – commonly known as a crossover – provides access to your property between the property line and road edge. You need our permission to construct, reconstruct, modify, remove, or relocate a crossing to your property.
- See the Engineering Standard Drawings page for Vehicle Crossing Drawings.
- Read the Requirements for Construction or Alteration to a Vehicle Crossing.
Apply for a Vehicle Crossing
You need to submit plans showing proposed works with your application. Plans must show the location of the nature strip, trees, and all services.
Submit your application with a contractor’s Public Liability Certificate of Currency that contains:
- Contractor’s name and address
- Name of contractor’s insurance company
- Policy number
- Expiry date
- Amount covered under policy (min. $10,000,000).
There's a non-refundable application fee of $100. It must be paid when you lodge your application.
Apply online using our Vehicle Crossing Application Form
Contact us for more information:
- Phone: (03) 9249 4430
You have three months to get consent for works within a Road Reserve to construct the crossing. There may be extra charges if signs, trees, or drainage pits need to be moved or replaced.
You're also responsible for altering:
- Drainage from your property clear of the crossover
- Any utilities, for example: Telstra pits, power poles, etc.
Once we grant consent you have three (3) months to construct the vehicle crossing. If you're pouring concrete, we must inspect first to ensure it complies with our standards. You need to book the inspection. We need at least 24 hours notice.