Vehicle Crossings

A vehicle crossing – commonly known as a crossover – provides access to your property between the property line and road edge. You need our permission to construct, reconstruct, modify, remove or relocate a crossing to your property.

Apply for a Vehicle Crossing

You need to submit plans showing proposed works with your application. Plans must show the location of the nature strip, trees and all services.

Submit your application with a contractor’s Public Liability Certificate of Currency that contains:

  • Contractor’s name and address
  • Name of contractor’s insurance company
  • Policy number
  • Expiry date
  • Amount covered under policy (min. $10,000,000).

There is a non-refundable application fee of $100, which must be paid when the application is lodged.

Apply online using our Vehicle Crossing Application Form.

Or download a form below:

Contact us for more information:

Approved Applications

You have three months to obtain consent for works within a Road Reserve to construct the crossing. You may incur extra charges if signs, trees, or drainage pits need to be moved or replaced.

You're also responsible for altering:

  • Drainage from your property clear of the crossover
  • Any utilities, for example: Telstra pits, power poles, etc.

Once consent is granted you have three (3) months to construct the vehicle crossing. If you're pouring concrete, we must inspect first to ensure compliance with our standards. You need to book the inspection. At least 24 hours notice is required.

Vehicle Crossing Repayment Scheme

Our Vehicle Crossing Repayment Scheme helps residential property owners construct and maintain private vehicle crossings into their property.

This Scheme requires a signed agreement (contract). You agree to pay us for the works according to an agreed schedule:

  • Paying 10% deposit of the estimated cost
  • Making eight (8) quarterly payments with interest, over two years
  • An interest rate of 9.5% (rising to 10% on 1 July 2017) applies

We arrange for a contractor to do the work. This scheme is only available for single residential properties.