Our Heritage Design Guidelines provide information about:
- When you require a planning permit for works to a heritage property
- Our preferred approaches to works
- Information on original fence types and colour schemes.
Our guidelines provide guidance on how heritage places can be restored and altered sympathetically for modern-day use. They don’t contain solutions for every individual design issue – but are guiding principles, to be considered as a starting point.
Heritage Design Guidelines have been developed for the following heritage overlay precincts:
Brimbank Heritage Database
Use the Brimbank Heritage Database for Individual Heritage Guidelines on our various heritage precinct properties. These provide information about:
- Why a precinct is important
- Distinguishing characteristics of their buildings
- What characteristics of the buildings within it are important
- Suggested approaches for works to these buildings.