Need to make changes to your endorsed plans?
Do you have the following condition specified on your permit?
"The use and/or development as shown on the endorsed plan(s) must not be altered without the written consent of the responsible authority".
If so, you may be eligible to apply for a Secondary Consent if your request meets the following criteria:
- The changes must not transform the permit to a use or development that was not previously considered and approved;
- The changes cannot be contrary to any condition in the original permit;
- The changes cannot be those that would trigger an additional planning permit under the Brimbank Planning Scheme;
- The changes must not cause material detriment to the surrounding area as there is no advertising associated with a Secondary Consent;
- The description of what is allowed by the permit cannot be altered by Secondary Consent
- The permit conditions cannot be varied or deleted by Secondary Consent;
- The changes must not cause material detriment to the surrounding area as there is no advertising associated with a Secondary Consent.
The responsible authority will determine whether the request for a Secondary Consent meets the above criteria. If it does not, a planning officer will advise you of how to apply for an amendment to a permit or a new planning permit application.
Wait, is it a subdivision application you need to change/amend?
- $832.00 for a minor amendment to a planning permit
What you need to apply:
- Copy of Title and Plan of Subdivision (produced within the last 3 months)
- Copy of any Covenants or Section 173 Agreements registered on Title if any (under ‘Encumbrances’)
- Dimensioned plans including:
- Existing conditions / previously endorsed plans
- Proposed site, floor and elevation plans showing the changes
- Feature survey plan (if applicable)
- Materials and colour schedule (if applicable)
- A credit card to make the payment
This form takes about 20 minutes to complete.
We recommend using ‘Chrome’ as your web browser. If you use Safari, make sure you have the latest version installed before completing the following online form.