VicSmart Planning Permit Process
VicSmart is simpler and more straightforward. It covers minor applications, for example:
- Low-cost buildings and works in residential and rural zones;
- Moderate-cost buildings and works in commercial and industrial zones;
- Front fences;
- Certain signage and subdivision types; and
- Limited reduction to parking.
VicSmart doesn't require your application be referred to any authorities or advertised to neighbouring properties. Council has 10 business days to make a decision.
To be eligible for a VicSmart application you must meet all the criteria against the type of works you want to do, as outlined within the zone and overlay requirements that applies to your land.
If you're unsure of this, contact City Planning on 9249 4000 before filling in the form below. If you meet the VicSmart criteria, proceed with the online application.
Wait! Is this a Subdivision Application?
If your application is for any of the following VicSmart subdivision classes, then you're in the wrong place. Subdivision applications are processed through SPEAR and can only be lodged by a registered land surveyor. So jump on the SPEAR website to do this.
Classes of VicSmart Subdivisions are:
- Realign the common boundary between two lots;
- Subdivision of buildings and car parking spaces;
- Subdivide land into two lots (not in a rural zone);
- Subdivision in a heritage overlay;
- Subdivision in a special building overlay; and
- Two lot subdivision in a rural zone.
With most shoppers researching online prior to purchasing, the standard of your website needs to reflect the quality of the products and services your business offers.
To get through your VicSmart Application quickly you will need:
- A credit card to make payment;
- Copy of Title and Plan of Subdivision (produced within the last 3 months);
- Copy of any Covenants or Section 173 Agreements registered on Title if any (under 'Encumbrances');
- Scaled and dimensioned plans;
- Referral Authority Comments (if applicable);
- Other documentation as required by the VicSmart Planning Provisions at Clauses 59.01 - 59.14 of the Brimbank Planning Scheme.
We recommend using Chrome as your web browser. If you use Safari, make sure you have the latest version installed before completing the following online form.