The Brimbank Post-Contact Heritage Study provides a history of the municipality, as well as citations on individual heritage places and precincts including a background and the reasons why we consider some places as an important part of our heritage.
The Brimbank Post-Contact Heritage Study comprises five volumes:
- Volume 1: Environmental History
Contains the history and historical themes of the development within the Brimbank municipality.
- Volume 2: Heritage Program and Conservation Policy
Includes the methodology, summary of recommendations, statutory and non-statutory heritage provisions, conservation policy for heritage areas and a listing of all places investigated as part of the heritage study.
- Volume 3: Place Reports - Heritage Areas and Individual Places
Individual site reports for places of cultural significance and heritage areas.
- Volume 4: Location Maps
Site maps of individual heritage places and 11 heritage areas.
- Volume 5: Update and Review
A review of the Post Contact Study 2000.
- Brimbank Heritage Gaps Study 2014
Review and update of heritage precinct descriptions and building citations.
Heritage assessment of
- Richards Dairy - 44 Hampshire Road, Sunshine;
- Hampshire House - 233-241 Hampshire Road, Sunshine;
- Sunshine Boys Hostel - 131 Durham Road, Sunshine.
- Maxweld Street, Heritage Assessment 2014
Heritage Assessment of 17-27 Maxweld Street, Ardeer.
Contact Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on email@example.com for further information.
Use the Brimbank Heritage Database for information on individual properties and precincts.