The Brimbank City Council has prepared Amendment C195 to the Brimbank Planning Scheme.
The land affected by the amendment is The Amendment applies to all the land zoned Activity Centre Zone - Schedule 1 (ACZ1) and within 30 metres of land (not a road) which is in a residential zone.
See Map 1 for a description of the location of the land affected by the Amendment.
The amendment proposes to Amendment amend Schedule 1 to the Activity Centre Zone applying to the Sunshine Town Centre to extend notice and third party review rights for applications to subdivide land, construct a building or construct or carry out works on land within 30 metres of land (not a road) which is in a residential zone.
This will have the effect of requiring notice to be given of certain applications made under the ACZ1 within 30 metres of residentially zoned land.
Council will be required to consider any objections received and applications may be subject to review at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
Specifically the Amendment inserts the following at Section 7.0:
- “The application is to subdivide land, construct a building or construct or carry out works on land within 30 metres of land (not a road) which is in a residential zone”.
Read the C195 Amendment Documents
You may inspect the amendment, any documents that support the amendment and the explanatory report about the amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
- during office hours, at the office of the planning authority,
Brimbank City Council
301 Hampshire Road
- at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning.
Make a Submission
Any person who may be affected by the amendment may make a submission to the planning authority about the amendment.
Submissions must be made in writing including
- submitter’s name and contact address;
- clearly stating the grounds on which the amendment is supported or opposed; and
- indicating what changes (if any) the submitter wishes to make.
Name and contact details of submitters are required for council to consider submissions and to notify such persons of the opportunity to attend council meetings and any public hearing held to consider submissions. The closing date for submissions is 2 October 2017.
A submission must be sent to
- Brimbank City Council
301 Hampshire Road
- or emailed to StrategicPlanning@brimbank.vic.gov.au
The planning authority must make a copy of every submission available at its office for any person to inspect free of charge for two months after the amendment comes into operation or lapses.
Last updated 29/08/2017