IGNITE Food Passions is delivered by The Business of Food. The purpose of IGNITE is to provide ideas and information to get your food business venture started. Interactive sessions cover business operations and food regulations. You'll also have an opportunity to share your journey.
IGNITE is designed for food entrepreneurs who are looking to build on their idea and grow their business. Applications are now open!
The Program runs over 5 weeks every Tuesday commencing 25 February 2020. Successful applicants must be able to commit to the full program.
During the Program you'll receive:
- A series of 5 workshops delivered by The Business of Food
- Complimentary access to iHarvest Coworking Sunshine for the duration of the program
- Networking opportunities
- Special Events
- Discounts for other workshops and programs
Meet the IGNITE Food Passions program facilitators
Jane Del Rosso
Jane Del Rosso is the business guru who's seen it all. She took the leap many years ago, leaving her corporate career to train in cooking and pursue her passion for all things food. A natural food incubator, she established The Business of Food in 2009 to bring together her business savvy, passion for food, and love of supporting other small businesses.
A former executive with one of the largest agribusinesses in Latin America, Luis is your man if you need to know anything about product development and food innovation. He helps set the direction of the business, gives structure to the programs we run, and has a passion for the social purpose side of food business.
As a Food Technologist, she's excited to share her experience in product development, process improvement, and large-scale food manufacturing. Kristy has worked with many consumer house-hold brands and has developed recipes for Kellogg's, Leggo's and McDonald’s to name a few.
All applications for the IGNITE Food Passions Program will go through an interview and assessment process.
- Following the close of applications, and if you progress to the next stage, you'll receive an invitation to book a 10 minute one-on-one with a food expert. This is your opportunity to share your idea and to gauge suitability for the program. One-on-one sessions are on 4 February 2020.
- If your application is successful, you'll receive a welcome email with details of the full program.
- Successful applicants are required to pay a $50 deposit as a commitment to the full program. (The deposit will be refunded at the end of the program provided you have missed no more than 1 workshop).
- The program starts Tuesday 25 February 2020, 6-8pm.
If you feel your situation might not be suitable for the IGNITE Food Passions Program, our Economic Development Unit provide an extensive development program on a broad range of topics. View our full schedule of workshops.
Please complete the form on this page by Friday 31 January 2020.
For further information please contact the Economic Development Team on 9249 4413 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.