Applications are now OPEN.
Being a start up is about being adaptable. And with challenges comes opportunity!
To ensure you can still access the CUL-TI-VATE program, we'll be hosting the program as an interactive Webinar via Zoom so you’ll be able to join from wherever you like!
What is Cul-ti-vate?
Cul-ti-vate is a Brimbank City Council initiative delivered by VU Innovations and Roshambo.
Cul-ti-vate's purpose is to accelerate the process of finding a business idea, developing it, and scaling the business into a sustainable model.
Cul-ti-vate is designed for entrepreneurs or intrapreneurs, as well as small business owners, looking to future proof their business.
The program runs over nine weeks in a fast paced mode that mirrors the speed needed to succeed in the real world.
Successful applicants must be able to commit to the full program which will be held every Wednesday commencing 2 September 2020.
During the program you'll receive:
- A series of 9 x Startup Master Classes delivered by VU Innovations Entrepreneurs in Residence
- Legal Essentials for Start-ups and Small Business Workshop, 4 November 2020
- Six months of coworking at a discounted rate after the program's completion
- Mentoring with the VU Entrepreneurs in Residence
- Networking opportunities
- Special Events
Meet the CUL-TI-VATE program facilitators
Designer - Thought Provoker – Creative Entrepreneur. Jordan’s time is split between design commitments for leading global brands, running ecom businesses and consulting on strategy and innovation.
Collaborator – Problem Solver – Leader. Hannah is a senior leader with a passion for building great learning cultures whose career has encompassed partnering with organisations to get great outcomes for and through people, technology and learning.
Builder – Entrepreneur. Thomas is passionate about startups and was the first employee at Startup Victoria. He was also responsible for growing the community from 3,000 to 11,000 startup enthusiasts, and taking the organisation into sustainability.
Applications close on Sunday 23 August 2020.
All applications for the Cul-ti-vate program will go through an interview and assessment process.
- Following the close of applications, you'll receive an invitation to book a 10-minute telephone call with one of the VU Entrepreneurs in Residence. This is your opportunity to share your idea and to gauge suitability for the program. Interviews will be conducted on Thursday 27 August 2020.
- The program commences 2 September 2020.
If you feel your situation might not be suited to the Cul-ti-vate Program, Council’s Economic Development Unit and iHarvest Coworking Sunshine provide an extensive development program on a broad range of topics. You can view the full schedule of workshops here.
For further information please contact the Economic Development Team on 9249 4413 or email email@example.com.