We're at the heart of the Western Region, one of the fastest growing areas in Australia.
Along with our neighbours in Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melton, Moonee Valley, and Wyndham, the Western Region of Melbourne is set to grow from a residential population of 800,000 to over 1.1 million residents by 2036.
This rapid residential growth, particularly in Melton and Wyndham, gives our businesses access to a rapidly expanding local customer and employee base.
Regional partnerships are a strong feature of Melbourne’s West. Groups that support economic development in our region include:
- Western Melbourne Regional Development Australia
- Brimbank Learning and Employment Steering Committee
- Open Innovation West
- Western Melbourne Tourism
- Melbourne’s West Export Network
- Brimbank Melton Local Learning and Employment Network
- Western Melbourne Transport Alliance
- Western Alliance for Greenhouse Action.
These groups support research, advocacy, industry development and sustainable investment. They provide connections between industry, education and government institutions. Strong regional partnerships also allow access strong local networks and information, that provides our businesses with a seriously competitive edge.
Last updated 30/08/2016