Nominations Now Open
Brimbank is one of the most multicultural communities in Australia. We celebrate it with a passion!
Nearly 45% of our residents were born overseas and more than half speak a language other than English. We proudly welcome around 1,500 new citizens at ceremonies every year.
As a celebration of Australian citizenship, these awards recognise the exceptional contributions, hard work, and determination of individuals making a positive difference within Brimbank.
Brimbank Citizen of the Year
For Brimbank citizens over 26 years of age (on 26 January 2019) who have demonstrated an outstanding contribution to the Brimbank community over the past year or over a number of years.
Brimbank Young Citizen of the Year
For Brimbank citizens under 26 years of age (on 26 January 2019) who have demonstrated an outstanding contribution to the Brimbank community over the past year or over a number of years.
Nominate a Citizen of the Year!
These awards are open to all Australian citizens who are living in the City of Brimbank. Your nominee should have:
- Demonstrated leadership
- Made a significant contribution to the betterment of their local community
- Showed a commitment to activities that have short and long-term benefits to their local community
- Entry in the Citizen of the Year Award is open to all Australian citizens over 26 years of age (as at 26 January 2019) who are living, studying, working or volunteering in Brimbank.
- Entry in the Young Citizen of the Year Award is open to all Australian citizens under 26 years of age (as at 26 January 2019) who are living, studying, working or volunteering in Brimbank.
- You cannot nominate yourself.
- Current serving Councillors or employees of Brimbank City Council are ineligible.
- Organisation or group contributions will not be considered for these awards. Organisation/group are eligible for the We are Brimbank Awards.
Nominations close 5pm Friday 2 November 2018.
Nominate your individual using our online form.
You'll need to supply details of a referee as someone that supports your nomination.
Photocopies of the official online form are accepted.
All nomination information and materials submitted remain the property of Brimbank City Council.
It’s easy to nominate, so why not complete the online form now!
Brimbank Mayor, Councillor Margaret Giudice and five independent and experienced community leaders will review all applications.
The decision of the judging panel is final, and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the decision.
Awards will be presented as part of Brimbank Council’s Australia Day citizenship celebrations on Saturday 26 January 2019.