We're bringing the Giving Tree Program to our neighbourhood again this year.
The program gives you the opportunity to donate non-perishable goods to people who might be struggling.
We encourage community groups and council staff to participate in the program.
Download our flyers to remind you!
This is a great way to get into the spirit of giving! It makes a difference to people who might be feeling the additional strain or doing it tough at this time of the year.
Next time you're food shopping, pick up a couple of non-perishable food items and donate to the program. This is a very practical and helpful way ‘to give’.
Drop off goods at one of 18 Brimbank locations between Wednesday 28 November and Wednesday 12 December.
We'll work with local agencies to distribute donated items to community members in need.
Suggested items for donation
- Tinned beans
- Rice, dry beans and pulses
- Vegetable oil, peanut butter, or other nut butters
- Rolled oats
- Canned fruit or vegetables
- Packet soups
- Canned tuna in water
- Tea or coffee
- Dishwashing liquid
- Cairnlea Community Hub, 59 Carmody Drive
- Hunt Club Community and Arts Centre, 775 Ballarat Road
- Deer Park Library, 4 Neale Road
- CommUnity Plus, 822 Ballarat Road
- Delahey Community Centre, 80 Copperfield Drive
- Derrimut Community Centre, 30 Lennon Park Way
- Keilor Community Hub, 704B Old Calder Highway
- St Albans Leisure Centre 90 Taylors Road
- Westvale Community Centre, 45 Kings Road
- St Albans Community Youth Club Inc. (Tin Shed) 309A Main Road East
- Good Shepherd Community House, 168 Main Road East
- St Albans Library, 71A Alfrieda Street
Sunshine and West Sunshine
- Brimbank Community and Civic Centre & Sunshine Library, 301 Hampshire Road, Sunshine
- West Sunshine Community Centre, 25 Kermeen Street, West Sunshine
- Duke St Community House, 27 Duke Street, Sunshine
- Sunshine Leisure Centre 5 Kennedy Street
- Sydenham Neighbourhood House Level 1, 1 Station Street, Watergardens Town Centre
- Sydenham Library, 1 Station Street