Like everyone, Council is monitoring recent developments about the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). As new measures are put in place by the government regarding non-essential gatherings and the unprecedented state of emergency declaration. Please view the list below for event status.
Brimbank Community Governance Training
Are you a volunteer or work for a not-for-profit community group or are interested in starting or joining a community group, such as a local club or committee, then this program will be suitable for you. Join the Brimbank Community Governance Training Program to get all the tips and tricks required to make your community group or organisation a success.
Brimbank Council provides a series of community governance training sessions plus ongoing access to a range of resources to assist with continued learning for community groups and small organisations in Brimbank. These training sessions can support your group with planning, operations, and decision-making.
There is no costs to participants to attend these training sessions.
Participants can attend one or several sessions.
Until further notice, Community Governance sessions will be held online via Zoom.
Community Governance Training Calendar
Online registrations for each session will open two weeks in advance and close as follows:
- Morning sessions will close the previous business / working day 5pm.
- Evening sessions will close by 12pm on the day of session.
Facilitated by Non Profit Training
A lot of changes have happened in the past couple of forcing community organisations to adapt and communicate in different ways to retain connection with their people. This workshop provides practical ways to connect with your community using technology mixed with some marketing and creative tips and tricks. This session will focus on discovering who you need to engage with and provide online demonstrations of the most popular communication tools, meeting applications, file sharing and storage and social media. It includes a printable resource for you to use during and after the session.
This session will cover:
- Understanding our audiences and how they like to communicate
- Why groups choose different platforms and tools
- Navigating online meeting, storage and document collaboration tools effectively
- Using platforms for effective external messaging and gathering a following
- Running a successful online meeting
Bookings now closed.
Facilitated by Track C Consulting
This interactive workshop will engage the participants through a range of group activities and discussions to identify and explore ideas for running a community project and effective ways to engage community partners.
The session will cover:
- Defining your great idea & identifying community partners
- Is there a need for your project? How do you know?
- Developing great partnerships
- Identifying contributions required for success of your idea
- Understanding barriers
- Understanding what funding bodies look for in a project idea?
- Building relationships with stakeholders
- Resolving conflict and minimising risk