Brimbank Community Governance Training
We are committed to supporting community groups and small organisations located in our area. Are you an active member of one of these groups? Take this opportunity to participate in a range of training sessions.
These sessions can support your group with planning, operations and decision-making. There are:
- No costs to attend these workshops
- Refreshments provided.
The 2017 Community Governance Training Calendar
Managing Risk, Insurance and WorkCover
Facilitated by Justice Connect
This workshop covers insurance and risk management including:
- Occupational health and safety or negligence laws
- Identifying and managing the key risks for community groups
- Types of insurance for community groups
- Identifying the need for WorkCover insurance
- Book now using our online form!
When and Where
Monday 27 February, 9.30am-12noon
Albion Community House - an Eco Living Centre
61a Selwyn St, Albion
Finance for Treasurers
Facilitated by Non Profit Training
This workshop is designed to assist treasurers to understand their financial management roles and obligations with a focus on:
- Managing and improving your organisation’s accounting records and systems
- Developing your budget for the new financial year
- Understanding cash flow
- Helping committee understand financial reports and statements
When and Where
Monday 20 March, 5.30-8pm
St Albans Community Centre and The Bowery Theatre
1 Princess Street, St Albans
Bookings open two weeks prior to the session date.
If you have any questions, please contact Council on 9249 4418 or email CGPrograms@brimbank.vic.gov.au.
Last updated 14/02/2017