Brimbank Community Governance Handbook
Updated in May 2020, this handbook is a great resource designed to help our local community groups and organisations to function properly. It will assist to better understand the legal responsibilities and how to ensure your organisation succeeds.
- Download the new version of the Community Governance Handbook May 2020
Brimbank Community Groups User Guide
We've developed our first Community Groups User Guide for all regular groups using our facilities. Our Guide:
- Provides an overview of the roles and responsibilities of Council and community groups;
- Enables a better understanding of the processes guiding the usage and hire arrangements of Community Facilities; and
- Provides directions to community groups on how to hire and manage Community Facilities.
- Download the Community Groups User Guide.
For more information, please call 9249 4537.
Useful Resources for Community Groups
- Brimbank City Council Community Governance Program
Training information and support for community groups. Brimbank Community Governance Handbook is available in hard copy or online.
Ph: 9249 4418
- Consumer Affairs Victoria
State Government regulatory authority for Incorporated Associations in Victoria. Compliance processes, advice and information.
Ph: 1300 558 181
- Not-for-Profit Law
Comprehensive legal and other information, fact sheets, videos and training.
Ph: 8636 4400
- Grant Guru Community
Free searchable listing of grants and funding programs
For more information, please contact us: