We realise that practical and focused activities are needed to support development in our area.
We offer a number of training and capacity-building sessions and programs to our community groups, small organisations and individuals.
Positive Community Change Makers
This session will discuss how to be a positive community change maker on issues affecting the community at times of crisis such as COVID - 19.
Topics covered in this session:
- Establishing a framework
- an introduction to asset-based community development
- an overview of CBBC’s Flourishing Framework®
- empowering attendees to be positive community change makers on issues affecting the community.
- Gathering Community
- casting vision to inspire community support
- advocacy and leveraging networks Strategic Positioning
- understanding positive and negative consequences
- piecemeal vs systematic change
- creating change on three levels at the same time Deeper dive
- examples of effective change making in an Australian community context
Wednesday 15 July 7-8.30pm
Registrations for above sessions are open.
All sessions are delivered online via zoom. Link will be emailed to registered participants 1 day before the session.
To participate you must be
- 18 years or older; and
- live, work, study or volunteer in Brimbank.
For further information contact Council on 9249 4000 or email@example.com