We realise that practical and focused activities are needed to support development in our area. We offer a number of training and capacity-building sessions and programs to our community groups, small organisations and you – if you’re interested.
Brimbank Community Leadership Program, 10 May – 28 June
Our Community Leadership Program aims to build participants’ understanding and connection with what we do and why. You'll learn how you can positively influence Council’s activities in policy and program development and implementation to improve health and wellbeing.
Brimbank Needs Community Leaders!
- Are you 18 years or older and live, work or study in Brimbank?
- Do you want to work with others to increase your community leadership skills?
We invite you to apply to attend the eight-session Community Leadership Program. There's no charge for this fully subsidised program. Childcare and interpreters can be arranged on request.
- There's only 20 places available so apply now with our online application form.
Applications close on 24 April 2017 For further information contact Council by:
- Phone: 9249 4000
- Email: CGPrograms@brimbank.vic.gov.au
Eight weekly sessions commencing 10 May 2017:
- Leadership in the Community
Wednesday 10 May, 5.30-8.30pm
- Our Brimbank Community and Local Government
Wednesday 17 May, 5.30-8.30pm
- Teamwork, Problem Solving and Starting a Project
Saturday 27 May, 9.30am-3.30pm
- Project Planning
Wednesday 31 May, 5.30-8.30pm
- Presentation Skills
Wednesday 7 June, 5.30-8.30pm
- Conflict Resolution
Wednesday 14 June, 5.30-8.30
- Advocacy and Negotiation
Wednesday 21 June, 5.30-8.30pm
- Presentations and "Where to next?"
Wednesday 28 June, 5.30-8.30pm
- St Albans Community Centre (STACC)
Participants who attend a minimum of six sessions (including the session scheduled for Saturday 27 May) will receive a Certificate of Participation at the End of Year Celebration Event. (Details will be advised closer to the date.)
Brimbank Leadership Alumni Mentoring Program 2017
Would you like to mentor an emerging Brimbank leader?
- Do you have skills to share with the community?
- Do you want to develop your own leadership and mentoring skills?
If you answered yes to both of these questions, you could become a mentor as part of a Brimbank City Council Community Leadership Mentoring program.
Application close 12 noon on Sunday 2 April 2017. To apply, please complete the Expression of Interest Form.
- Download our Brimbank Leadership Alumni Mentoring Program poster
What commitment is involved?
If you are selected as a Mentor, you will need to:
- commit to meet your Mentee once a month for six months (in person or otherwise);
- attend an information session on 11 May 2017, 5.30-8.30pm;
- take part in a mid-point telephone review with program organisers (Non Profit Training) in August 2017; and
- attend the end of program celebration in November 2017.
Want to know more?
Find out what’s involved at an information session at 6.30-7.30pm, Thursday 30 March, at Visy Cares Hub, 80B Harvester Rd, Sunshine.
You might be surprised by the skills you have and the contribution you can make towards community leadership for Brimbank.
To register to attend please email CGPrograms@brimbank.vic.gov.au.
For more information please contact:
- Brimbank City Council
- Debbie Innes - Non Profit Training
If you have any questions or would like to register your interest, please contact Council on 9249 4418 or email CGPrograms@brimbank.vic.gov.au.
Last updated 23/03/2017