We realise that practical and focused activities are needed to support development in our area. We offer a number of training and capacity-building sessions and programs to our community groups, small organisations and you – if you’re interested.
Brimbank Community Leadership Program
Do you want to make your community a better place? Do you do things to improve the well being of your community?
Our Community Leadership Program aims to build participants’ understanding and connection with what we do and why. You'll learn how you can positively influence Council’s activities in policy and program development and implementation to improve health and wellbeing.
Interested? If you're 18 years old or over and live, work or study in Brimbank, you're invited to grow your community leadership skills by participating in a structured and interactive Community Leadership Program.
Session Dates and Content
- Session 1 - Wed 31 Aug - Leadership in Our Community
- Session 2 - Wed 7 Sept - Our Brimbank Community and Local Government
- Session 3 - Sat 10 Sept - Project Planning
- Session 4 - Wed 21 Sept - Team Work & Problem Solving
- Session 5 - Wed 28 Sept - Presentation and Communication Skills
- Session 6 - Wed 5 Oct - Advocacy, Negotiating and Conflict Resolution
- Session 7 - Wed 12 Oct - Social Media, Technology, working with Media
- Session 8 - Wed 26 Oct - Group Presentations, Where to Next
Brimbank Community Leadership Program 2016 - Applications Open
Training is at no cost and held over eight sessions from 31 August 2016 – 26 October 2016.
- Wednesday evenings from 5:30pm – 8:30pm; and
- Saturday 10 September 2016, 9:00am – 3:30pm.
Brimbank Community and Civic Centre
301 Hampshire Road
Please submit a completed Enrolment Form and a Pre-evaluation Survey to register your interest. The pre-evaluation survey will help us understand your training needs and expectations before starting the training program.
Interpreters and childcare is available if required.
If you would like more information or cannot access the online registration process, please contact the Community Planning and Engagement Officer on 9249 4039.
Enrolments close Wednesday 24 August 2016.
Last updated 12/08/2016