We realise that practical and focused activities are needed to support development in our area. We offer a number of training and capacity-building sessions and programs to our community groups, small organisations and you – if you’re interested.
Brimbank Muslim Women's Leadership Program
Are you a Muslim woman who lives, works, studies or volunteers in Brimbank and has an interest in community leadership?
Do you wish to positively influence your community?
If so, apply now for the Brimbank Muslim Women’s Leadership Program.
The program involves:
- Self-awareness and personal strengths
- Understanding community participation
- Gender and human rights
- Active Leadership – women in the community
- Leadership skills
- Designing and delivering a community project in Brimbank
- Public speaking and media skills
- Understanding Local Government
What is the commitment?
Training sessions to be held on Monday’s from 10am-1pm on:
- 26 August
- 2 September
- 9 September
- 16 September
- 7 October
- 21 October
- 28 October
Who should apply?
To be eligible you need to:
- identify as a Muslim woman;
- be 18 years and over;
- live, work, study or volunteer in Brimbank;
- commit to attend all the program dates; and
- be able to participate in designing and delivering a community project.
How to Apply
- Complete our online form on this page.
- Places are limited.
- Applications close 20 August 2019
Muslim women from newly arrived communities, and those who have arrived in Australia during the last five years, are especially encouraged to apply.
Childcare arranged only upon request.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9249 4000.