We realise that practical and focused activities are needed to support development in our area. We offer a number of training and capacity-building sessions and programs to our community groups, small organisations and you – if you’re interested.
Brimbank Community Leadership Program
Our Community Leadership Program aims to build participants’ understanding and connection with what we do and why. You'll learn how you can positively influence Council’s activities in policy and program development and implementation to improve health and wellbeing.
New Program: Expressions of Interest
We're seeking expressions of interest from people with intellectual disabilities who are 18 years or older to participate in our upcoming Community Leadership Program.
This 12 week program will meet the needs of people with an intellectual disability. It will be delivered in partnership with Victoria Polytechnic (Victoria University TAFE division).
When you complete the program you'll have 3-4 units of credit for the Certificate III in Community Services and Certificate I in Transition Education.
The program starts Thursday 7 September and finishes Thursday 16 November.
- Thursday 7 September, 9.30am-3.30pm – Induction and Enrolment
- Thursday 14 September, 9.30am-1.30pm
- Thursday 21 September, 9.30am-1.30pm
- Thursday 12 October, 9.30am-1.30pm
- Thursday 19 October, 9.30am-1.30pm
- Thursday 26 October, 9.30am-1.30pm
- Thursday 2 November, 9.30am-1.30pm
- Thursday 9 November, 9.30am-1.30pm
- Thursday 16 November, 9.30am-3.30pm - Final Session
Where is the program going to be?
Sydenham Neighbourhood House
Level 1, 1 Station Street,
Watergardens Town Centre, Taylors Lakes
What do I need to be to get in the program?
You need to be:
- aged 18 or older
- live, work, study or volunteer in Brimbank
- have an intellectual disability.
How do I apply?
Send your expressions of interest with your full name and contact details to CGPrograms@brimbank.vic.gov.au by Friday 25 August 2017.
If you have any questions, contact the Community Planning and Engagement Officer by
- Phone: 9249 4000
- Email: CGPrograms@brimbank.vic.gov.au
Last updated 08/08/2017