The Brimbank Community Leadership Program aims to provide opportunities for eligible community members in Brimbank to build and strengthen their capacity in community leadership and participation.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been an increased need to support and strengthen communities’ resilience.
Council is planning to deliver a Community Leadership Program that will prepare community leaders to effectively lead their communities during a crisis and work with them during the recovery phase. “People need to understand what to do during this time” Brimbank senior group community member.
To participate you must be
- 18 years or older; and
- live, work, study or volunteer in Brimbank.
The program will be delivered by Track C Consulting between February and April 2021 via zoom, the link will be emailed to registered participants 1 day before the session. Topics covered during the session will include:
- What is leadership and different styles of leadership
- Maintaining perspective and relationships during a crisis
- Project planning and working with other groups
- Understanding Council and the Community
- Communicating during crisis with various audiences
- Identify a community project, design and deliver
Only one session will be delivered based on majority availability. The proposed dates and times are:
- 9 March
- 16 March
- 23 March
- 30 March
- 20 April
- 27 April
- 11 May
- 10 March
- 17 March
- 24 March
- 31 March
- 21 April
- 28 April
- 12 May
To apply, please fill out the application form by 11.59pm Friday 26 February 2021.
For more information contact Council on 9249 4000 or email@example.com