There are common challenges for event permit applicants around food, site and risk planning specific to an event.
In response, we're offering 30-45 minute 1-on-1 lunchtime workshop and information sessions on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only between 12noon–1pm. These will be at Brimbank Community and Civic Centre, 301 Hampshire Road, Sunshine.
- Sessions will be ongoing by appointment only between February-May and July-November .
- Sessions are at no charge.
- Use our registration form on this page to book your session.
Do I need a permit?
If your event involves:
- more than 60 people; or
- marquees and other structures on public land; or
- affects local parking and traffic conditions,
you will need an event permit. Our 1-on1 sessions can help you with what you'll need to know.
Our Brimbank Events Handbook outlines the permit process and condenses a vast amount of regulatory information into easy to understand guidelines and user-friendly templates.