We are committed to building strong and positive relationships within this community.
When you contact us you can expect to be welcomed, listened to and treated respectfully. We will be attentive and solution-focused.
When we can't resolve your matter straight away, we'll explain what we need to do. We’ll tell you when you can expect a resolution. If we can't meet our initial promise, we'll let you know of our progress.
We have a culture of continuous improvement. We appreciate your feedback. It helps us improve our services.
Customer Service Commitments
The Customer Service Charter is a commitment to our community. We:
- aim to understand the needs of our diverse community
- aim to meet your needs as far as we can at the initial point of contact
- provide accurate, easy to read information to assist with any applications, permits or consents that you wish to lodge with us
- ensure that information relating to any changes to our services or introducing coming events is communicated in advance
- regularly review our service standards and measure our performance against these
- make sure all complaints will be registered, acknowledged and managed to ensure that proper consideration is given, and that you are responded to in a timely manner
- provide you with feedback whenever we cannot meet our initial promise and/ or service standards
- regularly seek your feedback to ensure that we continue to meet your expectations
We're committed to providing a range of contact options. We have a strong focus on improving our online services. We can also provide access to interpreters and the National Relay Service to help you.
We will answer your phone calls, and attend to your visits to our Service Centres, in a prompt and courteous manner.
If you write to us, we’ll send an initial response within seven working days.
Feedback and Complaints
Your feedback is important to us. We welcome any compliments, complaints or suggestions. This is valuable information: it lets us know what we're doing well, what we need to improve and where we can consider new ideas. Lodge feedback or a complaint.
Respect for Your Privacy
We will respect and protect your personal information through our policies made under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Legislation.