We’re transforming the ‘heart’ of Sunshine into an attractive, well-planned space that is easy to negotiate, through the Hampshire Road Master Plan.
Work has started at the Service Street intersection – between the Man lifting cow statue and Service Street, and along the south side of Service Street to Dawson Street.
This stage will include:
- integrating the Man lifting cow statue into the new civic space
- additional seating
- raised pedestrian crossings
- improving lighting and pedestrian access between Hampshire Road and Dawson Street.
Work on this stage is expected to be completed mid-2018.
Service Street will be closed at Hampshire Road from Friday 4 May until Friday 1 June.
You can access the Sunshine Plaza rooftop car park via Service Street if you approach from the east or via Dawson Street.
Access to businesses will be maintained throughout business hours. To ensure safety during construction, sections of footpath on the east side of Hampshire Road will be temporarily closed off.
There will be signs to help you find your way around.
- Upgrades to the Ballarat Road entrance, between Hertford Road and Ballarat Road, with construction to begin in mid-2018 and finish later the same year
- Development of a Civic Green, to be built between Bennett Place and Devonshire Road in 2018/2019 and 2019/2020.
These works build on the improvements already completed along Hampshire Road, between Devonshire Road and the Sunshine train station, in 2015; and in front of the Brimbank Community and Civic Centre in 2016.