The Maribyrnong Valley Connection is a four-year project funded by the Victorian Government’ Peri-urban Weed Management Partnership. The project addresses a wide range of threats to biodiversity in the Maribyrnong catchment.
The project will run until June 2020. It directly funds environmental weed control in reserves including:
- Organ Pipes National Park
- Holden Flora and Fauna Reserve
- Brimbank Park
- Sydenham Park, Aquilla Reserve
- Sunbury Pop Festival site
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Brimbank City Council (lead agency)
- Hume City Council
- Parks Victoria
- Melbourne Water
- Port Phillip and Westernport Catchment Management Authority
- Moonee Valley City Council
- Maribyrnong City Council
Our vision is for a catchment basis approach in the region. We will develop a coordinated and practical plan incorporating long-term weed control while protecting and improving biodiversity values. We encourage community engagement.
For further information contact, Maribyrnong Valley Connection Project Officer on 9249 4000.
Peri-urban Weed Management Partnership