Brimbank City Council is embarking on an exciting and ambitious project - to redevelop the St Albans Leisure Centre site (90 Taylors Road, St Albans, Victoria), in a way that delivers measurable social and health outcomes to the community.
Council has undertaken a Market Sounding Exercise to ascertain market capability and the level of interest of organisations in becoming co-tenants in the new facility, with the unique opportunity to provide input towards the centre's design.
- Ensuring the St Albans Leisure Centre redevelopment delivers significant, measurable social and health benefits to the community, and leverages the benefits of co-located services; and
- Building a strong community collaboration built on collective impact principles and committed to delivering measurable social and health outcomes over time.
Co-location tenancy opportunity
This is a unique opportunity to collaborate on addressing social and health issues in Brimbank by co-locating in a new purpose-built leisure and community facility on the site of the current St Albans Leisure Centre, with the opportunity to contribute to a collaborative approach to addressing social and health outcomes for the local community.
- Early childhood services including long day care and kindergarten
- Child and family social services
- Physical activity and leisure services
- Health and medical services
- Other related services
Process and timing for selection of co-location partners
- Market sounding ideas and proposals for co-location closed: 1 December 2017
- Formal procurement process will begin: February 2018
- Assessment against criteria and selection of preferred partners: March 2018
- Negotiations on commercial and other terms: March 2018
- Partners provide design brief to the project: April/May 2018
- Design commences: May 2018
- Construction: 2019
Contact the Leisure and Community Facilities Planning Coordinator, via email@example.com or 9249 4869.
Last updated 05/12/2017