Cr Lucinda Congreve (Mayor)
“I am part of a number of community groups and am very happy to be raising my family here!"
- Australia Day Awards Selection Committee
- Chief Executive Officer Employment Matters Committee
- LeadWest Ltd. Board
- Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) (State Council)
- Sydenham Park Master Plan Steering Committee
Portfolio - #Resilient Brimbank
- Areas of Responsibility: Advocacy
What is your connection to Brimbank?
I am also a part of a number of community groups and very happy to be raising my family here.
What do you think is the greatest strength of the Brimbank Community?
Brimbank has a rich mix of cultures and diversity amongst its residents and it makes the area unique.
What are your greatest concerns for Brimbank?
Brimbank is one of the fastest growing areas in Victoria. My concerns are that the access and availability of facilities and services won’t keep up. I’m also concerned about the proposed tip expansion.
What made you decide to run for Council?
There were lots of reasons but mainly due to my experiences that I encountered when I had my first child in 2015. Having a baby is a life changing experience and bringing a baby home is amazing and scary at the same time.
I want to make sure adequate services are available to families.
What do you hope to achieve in your term as a Brimbank City Councillor?
I want to focus on families and amenities, including;
- Reinstalling lactation consultant services
- Family parks and friendly spaces improvements
- Transport and Infrastructure
- Public safety, lighting, CCTV.
What is your favourite thing to do in Brimbank?
I spend a lot of time out walking with my one year old and dogs and like to ride my bike along the Kororoit Creek Trail.