Running your own event in Brimbank? We've got all the information you need to run an event, as well as information on how to complete the Event Permit application forms.
Council welcomes events that are well planned, safely conducted and that don't adversely impact on the community.
Brimbank Events Handbook
Our Brimbank Events Handbook has codes of practice and legislation for running your event including our permit application process, permit requirements and essential information for organisers.
Filming in Brimbank
Filming that may have an impact on a Council owned site as in the Brimbank Events Handbook needs:
- An event permit
- Event permit essentials (page 10 of the Handbook)
- A brief synopsis of the film shoot
- A parking plan for the Unit Base and Essential Vehicles.
Filming in facilities and on sportsgrounds may also require a booking fee and/or bond from Leisure Services.
Victoria Police Film and Television Office Approvals
If you’re going to film:
- From low loaders;
- Portrayals of police; or
- Simulated violence
you must get approval from the Victoria Police Film and Television Office first before applying for a permit.
Download and read the Brimbank Events Handbook for:
- Event Permit Application Form
- What information to include with your application.
If you're a student filming for coursework you may need an event permit but you're exempt from permit fees.
Events and Other Related Application Forms
- Special Activities on Council Property - Application Form, Information Sheet and Form of Indemnity
- Application for Place of Public Entertainment Occupancy Permit
- Application For Siting Approval – Temporary Structures
- Advertising Sign for a Community Event Permit Application
- Outdoor Advertising Signs at Sporting Reserves Permit Application
For more information on running an event in Brimbank please call 9249 4000 or email email@example.com.
Last updated 22/12/2017