Following public consultation Council, at its Ordinary Meeting of Council on 21 June 2016, adopted the 2016-2017 Annual Budget.
To ensure Brimbank remains in a sound financial position and budgets responsibly Council, as part of the Budget process, updated the Long Term Financial Plan 2016-2026 and Rating Strategy 2016/2017.
Key Budget Highlights
- $5.57 million for the continuing upgrade of town centres, which includes improvements to pavements, landscaping, street furniture and pedestrian links
- $20.58 million on roads, footpaths, drainage upgrades , pedestrian facilities and links
- $5.1 million on community facilities and early learning facilities and $2.2 million earmarked for the Keilor Community Hub
- $2.73 million for parks, playgrounds and open space; which includes more than $1.2 million in park and playground upgrades and renewal with significant works scheduled at Delahey Reserve (stage 2 upgrade) and Delbridge Reserve in Sydenham
- $2.12 million on sports facilities including the $1.2 million Ardeer soccer pavilion
- $1.07 million on walking and cycling paths which includes the Taylors Creek recreational trail
- $740,000 investment in sustainability initiatives to reduce future costs
- $1.815 million to pay the final instalment for purchase of the former Sunvale primary school site for a park and $800,000 for library books.
Last updated 23/06/2016