The Victorian Government has announced that as we move towards the next Step of the Victorian Government’s roadmap, hospitality venues can operate largely focussing on outdoor dining and with specific controls.
In response, Business Victoria have Business Grants to support outdoor dining and entertainment, and a free COVID-19 temporary outdoor dining permit is available to hospitality venues.
Businesses are encouraged to read the Covid-19 Temporary Outdoor Dining Permit Guidelines before completing an application.
Please note: If you are intending to have patrons dine outdoors on your private property – you do not need an outdoor dining permit, however, you should discuss your plans with Council and make sure you meet other planning and health requirements. Please also be aware of the Liquor Licensing requirements www.vcglr.vic.gov.au/covid-19.
Where safe to do so, the COVID-19 temporary outdoor dining permit will allow eligible hospitality venues to:
- expand onto footpaths
- take over on-street car parking space immediately outside their business
- join with neighbouring businesses to take over sections of on-street car parking, footpaths and (in some cases) street space
- join with neighbouring businesses to expand into a laneway adjacent to their business.
Extending outdoor dining and entertaining will allow hospitality businesses to potentially cater to more customers and operate viably within the health restrictions advised by the Victorian Government.
Applications for the new COVID-19 temporary outdoor dining permits will be needed for hospitality businesses that:
- don’t yet have an outdoor presence, and
- businesses that already have a sidewalk café permit.
Eligibility requirements for the COVID-19 temporary outdoor dining permit include:
- That your business is already registered within Brimbank
- A plan showing how your venue be able to maintain:
- patron safety and physical distancing
- adequate access for pedestrians, residents
- access for essential vehicles including public transport
- essential access for loading and people with disabilities
- A plan to manage impacts on neighbouring properties
- A COVID Safe Plan for your business
- Appropriate insurances are in place for existing business
Council is progressing the supporting arrangements to help facilitate temporary outdoor dining as quickly as possible including traffic management arrangements.
Each application will be assessed individually and with safety as the major priority.
Businesses can contact the City Compliance on 9249 4000 for information and support
Nếu muốn liên lạc chúng tôi bằng ngôn ngữ của quý vị, hãy gọi TIS National Interpreting Service (Dịch vụ Thông dịch Quốc gia) qua số 131 450. Khi cú gọi được trả lời vui lòng nói tên thứ tiếng của quý vị bằng tiếng Anh.
Phí cú gọi bằng phí cú gọi địa phương.