We've partnered with the Inner West Community Bike Hub to collect and provide pre-loved bikes to people in need.
The Give a Bike program returns unwanted or abandoned bicycles back to the community. The bikes begin as donations and are fully fixed, then given to local people in need.
- Providing bicycles to people in need
- Reusing and repairing donated bicycles
- Promoting sustainability;
- Promoting and providing access to low cost, sustainable and active transport (aka healthy means of transport)
How it works
Drop-off your old bicycle at our Resource Recovery Centre during opening hours. Once there's enough bikes the Inner West Community Bike Hub collects them. The amazing volunteers clean and repair the bikes at the community bike shed in Footscray. The bikes are then given to local people in need.
Where can I drop-off my old bike?
Simply drop-off your old bike at our Resource Recovery Centre during opening hours – at no charge.
- Monday to Friday: 9am-4pm (excluding public holidays)
- Saturday: 9am-1pm
- Stadium Drive, Keilor
What is accepted?
Second hand bikes donated by Brimbank residents. The bikes need to be in good condition or easily repaired.
What isn’t accepted?
Bikes with broken frames or that are beyond repair.
About the Inner West Community Bike Hub
The Inner West Community Bike Hub is a non-profit social enterprise dedicated to providing people with access to bicycles and cycling.
- Share and learn skills repairing and maintaining bicycles;
- Provide affordable bicycles, servicing, and repairs;
- Recycle donated bikes and promote sustainability in an active community;
- Provide refugees and other people in need with bikes and equipment; and
- Create a place where all members of our community can learn about and experience bicycles and cycling together.
For more information contact us on 9249 4000.