We are here to help you connect with others and gain knowledge and skills which help reduce your environmental impact. By all doing our small part we will enhance the liveability of our City.
So far thousands of Brimbank households have installed rooftop solar systems. Albion and Albanvale are amongst the top 20 suburbs with the highest number of solar installations in Victoria.
Between 2003 and 2010 residential water use reduced by 24% and non-residential water use reduced by 6%.
Alongside the community’s actions for sustainability, we have proactively improved the resource efficiency of our operations to achieve corporate sustainability.
What can I do?
- Attend a workshop from our Sustainable Living Series in the 2018 Environmental Events Calendar (Jan-June) or Wall Calendar
- Drop off products you can’t place in your household bin
- Find out more about recycling, green waste, hard waste and landfill waste in Brimbank
- Recycle your organic waste at home and Compost At Home
- Borrow a home energy saver kit from your Brimbank library
- Get support for your local community group to take sustainable action today
- Learn about our Sustainability in Schools programs
- Ride a Bike! For the most up to date bike paths use Google maps. Select "bicycling" in the menu to show bike paths on the map. Or select your start and finish destinations and select bicycling as your mode of transport.
- TravelSmart Map: Take public transport, walk, or ride your bike around Brimbank
- Explore the Natural Environment
Strategies and Policies
Last updated 02/02/2018