We're helping business save money and protect the environment
Brimbank’s Energy$mart program helps you save on your business's energy and utility bills through lighting and solar power upgrades.
We're partnering with lighting and solar businesses to give you:
- Free lighting and solar assessments
- No obligation quotes on reliable products and installation
- Great savings on business energy use through installing solar energy and LED lighting
For more information on this program contact the Environment Department on (03) 9249 4000.
Environmental Upgrade Finance
Environmental Upgrade Finance (EUF) lets you as building owners fund building upgrades. With a EUF you can apply for a loan to upgrade a building and the repayments are administered by Council.
With a EUF you can finance water and energy efficiency projects and install renewable energy systems such as solar.
- Only non-residential Brimbank properties can apply for EUF.
- They're between you (the property owner), Council, and a participating bank.
- They're paid back through your property rates providing further security for the lenders, allowing them to offer very competitive terms.
EUFs offer 100% project finance, competitive interest rates and long term finance, compared to other financial options. They let you:
- Protect yourself from rising energy prices;
- Replace old and inefficient equipment with newer more efficient technologies;
- Free up cash flow by locking in competitive long-term rates.
EUFs are supported by the Sustainable Melbourne Fund.
What types of projects are eligible?
Some renewable energy (e.g. solar panels) and energy efficiency projects (e.g. lighting upgrades) have been pre-approved.
- View a complete list of pre-approved building upgrades works.
A separate list of building upgrade works that approval from an Independent Expert Reference Panel.
- View a list of Projects requiring approval.
For further information about EUF visit: Better Building Finance.
Ready to take the next step?
Contact Sustainable Melbourne Fund to apply for EUF. They'll check your eligibility and help you through the application process.
Or contact our Environment Department on (03) 9249 4000.
Last updated 27/10/2017