The competition is open to Young People aged 10 - 25 who live, work or study in Brimbank. The piece of work can be a short essay, poem, artwork or any piece of writing based on the theme 'Love Letters to Summer'.
Prizes are up for grabs at the end of the competition, and entries will also be collated into a publication showcasing your talents.
Submit your entries via email@example.com
Keen for a few pointers? Join us for a writing workshop with accomplished author Olivia Muscat, 2-3pm Wednesday 12 January at Sunshine Library.
Terms and Conditions:
- Writing pieces are to be no longer than 500 words, not including title and author details.
- One (1) entry per person, per format (1 writing and 1 art). Collaborative entries are allowed.
- Judging is final.
- There will be two (2) major prize winners, One (1) for writing and one (1) for art. Each will receive a $100 voucher. There is also the option for judges to award highly commended prizes.
- Winners will be contacted one (1) month after close of competition.
- Entries received after the closure date of midnight (AEST-Daylight savings time) on the 28/02/2022 will not be considered.
- Entries may be posted on the Brimbank Council website/s and social media. Please state on your entry if you do not wish to have your work posted.
- Entries are via e-mail only. No physical paper entries will be accepted.
- Entries will be collated into a publication. A copy of the publication will be offered to each participant. If you would not like your piece to be published, please state this in the entry form. Should an entry not be suitable for publication, the participant will be contacted and offered the chance to amend the entry for publication.