Sometimes you just need more time for a planning permit or perhaps you just want to keep perfecting your dream. We get that. You can apply for an extension right here.
Use this form to tell us:
- What kind of extension you need
- How much additional time you need
- Your reasons for requesting an extension of time
This form takes about 5 minutes to complete.
Section 69 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 states:
- Before the permit expires or:
- within six months of the expiry date, where the use or development allowed by the permit has not yet started and
- within twelve months of the permit expiry date, where the use or development has lawfully started before the permit expires, the owner or the occupier of the land to which it applies may ask the responsible authority for an extension of time.
- The responsible authority may extend the time within which the use or development or any stage of it is to be started or the development or any stage of it is to be completed or within which a plan under the Subdivision Act 1988 is to be certified.
- If the time is extended after the permit has lapsed the extension operates from the day the permit expired.
As outlined above, you must be the owner or occupier of the land to apply for an extension of time to a Planning Permit.
What you need to submit this
- A credit card to make payment
- Your planning permit number
We recommend using Chrome as your web browser. If you use Safari, make sure you have the latest version installed before completing the following online form.