Sometimes you just need more time for a planning permit or perhaps you just want to keep perfecting your dream. We get that. You can apply for a permit extension right here.
Use this form to tell us:
- What kind of extension you need - to start or complete works
- How much additional time you need
- Your reasons for requesting an extension to your permit
Section 69 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 states you can only apply for an extension in these timeframes:
- Before the permit expires or:
- Within 6 months after the permit expires, if the development has not yet commenced
- Within 12 months after the permit expires, if the development lawfully commenced before the expiry date and you wish to extend the time to complete the development.
- The responsible authority may extend the time within which the use or development or any stage of it is to be started or the development or any stage of it is to be completed or within which a plan under the Subdivision Act 1988 is to be certified.
- If the time is extended after the permit has expired the extension operates from the day the permit expired.
As outlined above, you must be the owner or occupier of the land to apply for an extension of time to a Planning Permit.
- $301.60 for an extension of time to a planning permit
What you need to apply
- Your planning permit number
- A credit card to make the payment
This form takes about 5 minutes to complete.
We recommend using Chrome as your web browser. If you use Safari, make sure you have the latest version installed before completing the following online form.