Now's the time to have your say on dogs and cats in our community.
The draft Domestic Animal Management Plan (DAMP) outlines Council’s proposed programs, services and strategies relating to the management of dogs and cats in our city over the next four years.
- Wednesday 6 September 2017, 11am-1pm: Keilor Library, Keilor Community Hub, Old Calder Highway, Keilor
- Saturday 9 September 2017, 9-11am: International Gardens Reserve (off leash dog park), Cordelia Grove, St Albans.
Key initiatives in the Draft DAMP
- Reviewing the existing cat-trapping process and nuisance dog reporting process with online services to make these more accessible for residents.
- Increasing use of multilingual materials on responsible pet ownership to better reach a wider section of the community.
- Additional school visits by Animal Management Officers to raise awareness with children about safety and care with dogs and cats.
- Reviewing the best ways to identify unregistered animals and increase registration.
- Additional skills development and training opportunities for Animal Management Officers.
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Att: Manager City Compliance); or
- by post to:
Manager City Compliance
Brimbank City Council
PO Box 70
- Or use our online form on this page
Submissions close Thursday 21 September 2017.