As part of developing a revised Asset Management Code of Practice, it is necessary to give Public Notice of the proposal and to hear submissions. This will need to include both the draft Asset Protection Code of Practice 2019.
The purpose of the draft Code is to:
- Establish a framework for the management of building sites.
- Determine and clarify the responsibilities for management of building sites.
- Prevent or minimise damage to Council’s assets by establishing a system of permits, bonds and inspections.
- Ensure that the safety and amenity of the community are not compromised as a result of building works.
- Establish processes for the enforcement of compliance with this Code.
- Provide for the confinement of rubbish and site pollution, which occur as a result of activities associated with building works, to the building site and to ensure the removal of such material is undertaken regularly throughout the project.
Key changes between the current Code and the draft Code include:
- Updated definitions to improve clarity.
- Better explanation of the obligations of the builder.
- Enabling a permit to be issued with additional conditions should a site be non-standard.
- Better clarification of what constitutes an infringement.
- Improved clarification of enforcement procedures.
How to Provide Feedback
- Fill out our online form on this page.
- Submissions must be received by 5pm, Tuesday 26 November.
If you prefer, you can request a hard copy form by emailing email@example.com, (Att: Manager Engineering Services).
What Happens Next?
A submissions hearing will be held where submissions will be considered.
The Hearing of Submissions Committee meeting will be held at 6pm on Monday 9 December, in the Council Chamber, Brimbank Community and Civic Centre, 301 Hampshire Road, Sunshine
Council will receive a further report outlining any submissions received on the draft Asset Protection Code of Practice 2019, including a report on the Hearing of Submissions Committee's proceedings and summary of hearing, and presenting a final draft Asset Management Code of Practice for consideration and a final report.