Council's Sports Facility Development Plan (Development Plan) recognises the critical role that sport plays in the community and that Council has a responsibility to encourage participation in sport by planning and delivering appropriate facilities.
The Development Plan identifies the need for new sports grounds to be developed in order to meet current and future demand, with Green Gully Reserve identified as the next site for a new sports ground.
The draft Green Gully Reserve Northern Precinct Enhancement Plan provides draft recommendations to Council of a proposed site layout of Green Gully Reserve Northern Precinct to accommodate the new sports ground. It includes the following for inclusion to provide additional sporting and recreational opportunities for the Brimbank community:
- Senior size oval to cater for numerous sports
- Multipurpose pavilion with two change rooms
- Sports lighting (100 lux)
- Coaches boxes
- High ball protection fencing
- Car parking (100 spaces)
- Picnic and playground area
- Pathway network
- Road extension (McRae Boulevard)
- New access road (Green Gully Close)
How to Provide Feedback
- Fill out our online form on this page.
- Submissions must be received by 11.45pm, Sunday 3 May 2020.
If you prefer, you can request a hard copy form by emailing LeisureFeedback@brimbank.vic.gov.au (Att: Administration Officer).
What Happens Next?
Following the community consultation process, a report will be presented to Council detailing the submissions received on the draft Green Gully Reserve Northern Precinct Enhancement Plan and a final draft Green Gully Reserve Northern Precinct Enhancement Plan for Council’s consideration for adoption.