Strategically located at the centre of Melbourne’s West - Australia’s fastest growing region - Brimbank is characterised by dynamic industry sectors, vibrant town centres, a large multi-cultural population and abundant land zoned for all types of businesses.
Brimbank provides a cost-effective base for businesses, offering competitive industrial rates compared to comparative locations in Melbourne’s South-East, inner-city and some other States.
Melbourne’s West also offers lower rental costs and higher incentives than the South-East for commercial office space. Additionally, because of its strategic location to Melbourne Airport, the Port of Melbourne and existing supply chains, many businesses find operations and logistics costs lower compared to other locations.
Brimbank is already the base for many established Australian and global businesses including Aldi, ARC, Australia Post, Boral, Bunnings, Caterpillar, FedEx, Ferguson Plarre, Fisher and Paykel, Hunter Leisure, John Deere, Lombard the Paper People, Schweppes, Schiavello and Sims Metal.
With the second highest population in Melbourne’s West, Brimbank has the capacity to accommodate greater population growth (forecasted to increase to 230,187 by 2041).
Brimbank prides itself on its cultural diversity. It's one of Victoria’s most culturally diverse municipalities, having embraced more than 156 nationalities from around the globe.
Brimbank offers a mix of skills and talent for businesses, with 36% of resident workers holding a tertiary qualification.
Brimbank draws on a workforce catchment of 600,000 workers within a 30-45 minute drive, providing a large pool of workers with diverse skills for employers.
World-class training facilities based in Brimbank include:
- Victoria University’s Sunshine Skills Hub and Construction Futures both located in Sunshine
- Cyber Security Training Centre in St Albans
- Western Centre for Health Research and Education - a three-way partnership between Western Health, Victoria University and the University of Melbourne located at the Western Health Sunshine campus.
- Population: 208,714 (2018)
- Projected Population by 2041: 230,187
- GRP: $9.74 billion (2019)
- Local Jobs: 87,673 (2019)
- Top three employing industry categories - Manufacturing, Construction, Healthcare and Social Assistance (2019)
Source: .idCommunity: City of Brimbank - Economic Profile
Find out more about investing in Brimbank
For assistance contact our Economic Development team 9249 4750.
For a comprehensive view of the investment perspectives, download the Brimbank Investment Prospectus 2021.