What is In2Sport?
In2Sport Brimbank is a subsidy program to help children living in Brimbank take part in community sport, regardless of financial circumstances.
The program aims to fund 75 percent – or up to $200 – towards club membership fees (subject to availability).
In2Sport is an inclusive program. We encourage applications from people living with disability.
To be eligible for In2Sport the applicant must:
- Live in Brimbank
- Choose a Brimbank Sports Club or a Community Based sports program in Brimbank (must be not for profit)
- Be aged 6 – 18 years (at time of application)
- Have their name listed on the uploaded Health Care Care/Pension Concession Card. The provided concession/health care card must be valid at the time of application
Successful applicants are only eligible to receive funding once per financial year.
Applications must be submitted during the indicated application periods to ensure fairness for all applicants. Applications received outside of the indicated periods will not be processed.
Closing of applications is subject to the availability of funds.
Application periods are divided into Summer and Winter sports. Successful applicants are only eligible to receive funding once per financial year.
Winter 2021 applications have closed. Please keep an eye on this page for In2Sport Summer 2021/2022 opening dates.
- Step 1: Complete our Online Application Form. You'll need to upload a copy of your family's Health Care Card or Pension Card or proof of documentation that you have been financially impacted by COVID-19 to complete the online application;
- If you do not have the ability to apply online. Please email email@example.com for a hard copy application.
- Step 2: Our team will assess and process your application. You'll be notified via email. The notification process can take two to four weeks after the date of application.
- Step 3: Present your approval letter to your nominated club when joining. Pay the membership fee, minus the approved In2Sport Brimbank funding.
- Step 4: The club will invoice Council for the approved cost of the fees.
Look in our List of In2Sport Registered Clubs.
If the club you want isn't listed you'll need to contact the club and ask them to submit an In2Sport Club Registration Form after you've completed your own application.
Clubs selected outside of the pre-approved list must meet the eligibility criteria
If you're unsure which sport or club you would like to join, talk to our Leisure and Community Facilities team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9249 4526 before submitting your application.
- Funding is limited and subject to availability. Along with funding applications, individuals are encouraged to contact their local clubs to seek alternative subsidies at club level.
- No retrospective fees will be paid inclusive of uniform and equipment fees
- Applications for year-round sports can be considered across both application periods, subject to funding availability
Referral agents are crucial to identifying children who aren't able to join a sports club, predominantly due to their financial circumstances. Referral agents can also help complete application forms, and submit them to us on behalf of parents.
Contact Leisure and Community Facilities on 9249 4526 or email@example.com to register as an In2Sport Brimbank Referral Agent.