Our Creating Better Parks Policy and Plan is a blueprint to create one of the best park networks in Melbourne. The plan provides for
- 6 Flagship Parks;
- 27 Suburban Parks;
- 114 Neighbourhood Parks and
- 106 Local Reserves.
Council updated Creating Better Parks in 2016. Check out our scorecard to see what we achieved in 2016/2017.
Find a Park
To find out about a park within Brimbank, select a Local Area:
- Sydenham including Delahey, Taylors Lakes, Hillside, Keilor Lodge, and Keilor Downs.
- Keilor including Keilor Downs, Keilor Park, Keilor Lodge, and Taylors Lakes.
- St Albans including Kealba and Kings Park.
- Deer Park including Derrimut, Cairnlea, and Albanvale.
- Sunshine including Sunshine West, Sunshine North, Ardeer and Albion.
Find your closest park or reserve using What's Nearby.
Additionally, Parks Victoria manages several larger parks of regional significance within the municipality.
Booking a Council park or reserve for an event, private function or activity
Brimbank's parks and open spaces are public land which means you're able to use them for activities as long as it's consistent with the Local Law. We look after sportsgrounds, parks and reserves.
You can book some of our reserves for events and private functions. Read our guidelines for conditions of use.
To protect the reserves and for public safety, any event or private function with shade structures, jumping castles, or other structure and equipment you need an event permit.