Due to COVID-19 Sunshine Leisure Centre will close from close of business Wednesday 18 March 2020 until further notice.
Visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) page for information about Coronavirus and what we're doing.
Our comprehensive swimming program caters for everyone, from 6 months through to squad classes, and adults of all abilities.
We're qualified AUSTSWIM or SWIM AUSTRALIA teachers, dedicated to giving professional swimming and water safety lessons to all our students. We teach you to swim confidently and safely, including water survival techniques.
Through correct teaching, our students learn skills that can be used for fun, fitness, safety, or sport.
Swimming Lessons Membership:
As of January 2020 our Learn to Swim Program is moving to a Membership structure; this means all enrolments will be on a direct debit system removing the hassle of a re-enrolment process each term.
- Weekly lessons over School Terms
- Unlimited Aquatic access to the pool facilities 7 days a week to practice new skills - Parent/guardian access is necessary for children under the age of 10
- Optional Summer Holidays Suspension; all Swim School members can suspend for FREE over the Christmas period
- Concession rates available
Direct Debit Enrolment Benefits:
- No re-enrolling each term. Once signed up for direct debit, enrolments are only made once, you will be enrolled until you decide to stop.
- No upfront term payment required. Fortnightly payments will be made automatically from the bank account or credit card of your choice.
- Consistency over time is one of the keys to success in our Learn to Swim Program, an ongoing enrolment allows students to always be learning.
Swimming Lessons Charges:
- Learn to Swim: $29 a fortnight
- Concession: $26.10 a fortnight
Private Swimming Lessons:
- 1:1 ratio: $86 a fortnight
- Concession: $59 a fortnight
Access & Inclusion Program
Designed to provide support to children who require additional assistance or modified sessions that will enable them to participate in aquatic education.
These classes can be one on one or small groups. Please refer enquiries for this program to email@example.com
Aqua Play Group
Water familiarisation sessions designed for new parents with children aged three to 12 months. Aqua Play Group is a great way to socialise and develop water confidence by encouraging your ‘Bub’ to explore and have new experiences in the water. Sessions run weekly at Sunshine Leisure Centre. Casual Pool admission fee applies.
Holiday Intensive Program
Our Holiday Intensive Program runs during the school holidays. Intensive programs are ideal for kids who want to stay active and boost their swimming skills.
- Places are limited.
- Adult and teen classes are also available.
Call us on 9249 4615 or visit SLC reception to enrol.
School Swimming Programs and Swimming Carnivals
We offer swimming programs and carnivals for school groups of all ages and abilities.
Watch Around Water
It is your responsibility to accompany and supervise your child in pools and water play areas. As one of 150 Lifesaving Victoria endorsed facilities we promote the Watch Around Water policy.
This means you must follow these guidelines:
- Children under 5 must be constantly supervised and remain within arm's reach of you as parent/guardian. If your child is in the water, you must be in the water too.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied into the facility and constantly supervised by you as a parent/guardian. You must have a clear view of your child at all times.
- Children from 0-7 years must wear a wrist band which will be issued at reception.
- You must be at least 16 years old to supervise a child. This means your children cannot be supervised by a friend or family member who is 15 or younger.
Supervision and Life Guards
Lifeguards have a range of responsibilities and are employed on ratio of one lifeguard to every 100 people at the pool. This is based on the expectation that you as a parent/guardian will directly supervise your children.