Council operates a Resource Recovery Centre at no charge (i.e.: no fee). You can drop off approved items to our Resource Recovery Centre at no charge.
- All types of batteries
- Fluorescent tubes (including CFLs)
- Motor oil (up to 20L per vehicle)
- Gas cylinders
- Electronic waste like televisions, computers, hard drives, printers, faxes
- Clean cardboard including oversized cardboard boxes and cardboard cartons (empty)
- Clean paper including office paper, newsprint, magazines and letter box mail
Items NOT accepted
- Chemicals other than those listed
- Cooking oil
- Waste from businesses or commercial operations
- Household waste
- Unclean cardboard and paper eg.: cardboard with food scraps, dirt or liquid
- Waxed cardboard
- Wet paper or cardboard
- Packaging materials
- Files or folders containing metal
Paper and Cardboard
All cardboard and paper is taken to One Paper in Laverton where it's sorted in to waste streams (e.g.:cardboard, newsprint, assorted white paper and magazines) for processing in to reusable products. One Paper specialises in processing paper and cardboard.
Other Paper and Cardboard Drop-Off points
Give a Bike Program
Do you have a second hand bike that's in good condition or easily repaired? Don't need it anymore?
Donate it to our Give a Bike program!
Just drop it off at the Resource Recovery Centre. The amazing volunteers of the Inner West Community Bike Hub clean and repair the bikes and then give them to local people in need.