Council operates a Resource Recovery Centre at no charge (i.e.: no fee). You can drop off approved items to our Resource Recovery Centre at no charge.
- All types of batteries
- Fluorescent tubes (including CFLs)
- Motor oil (up to 20L per vehicle)
- Gas cylinders
- Electronic waste like televisions, computers, hard drives, printers, faxes,
Items NOT accepted
- Chemicals other than those listed
- Cooking oil
- Waste from businesses or commercial operations
- Household waste
Council has made arrangements for residents to be able to drop off cardboard and paper for recycling at the Centre with extended hours now applicable.
The centre is staffed from 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 1pm on Saturdays to accept cardboard and paper for recycling (residential quantities only).
Note: Cardboard must be clean and flattened. Mixed paper must be clean and can include newspapers, catalogues and magazines.
NO plastic, polystyrene, packaging materials or household waste. NO files or folders containing metal.
Can't make it to the centre? Use our At Call Hard Waste Collection Service!